Property valuers Rode & Associates has once again been recognised for its outstanding expertise in property valuation
The Cape Town-based company received a total of six Diamond Arrow awards, representing 1st overall in each of six categories. In a seventh category it achieved a Golden Arrow award.
This follows PMR.africa’s annual national survey on property valuers in South Africa, with users of valuation services rating companies across a range of 20 attributes.
Commenting on the awards, Erwin Rode, CEO of Rode & Associates, says: “It is once again an enormous honour for our company to be recognised in this way by users of valuation services, and it speaks to the quality of our team – all of whom are post-graduates. Last year we received four Diamond Arrows, and three Golden Arrows, and this year we’ve surpassed ourselves.”
Rode & Associates has been voted top overall valuation firm every year since 2016.
The awards Rode & Associates received this year include:
- Six Diamond Arrow awards for being rated highest in the Agricultural Valuations, Commercial and Industrial Valuations, Municipal Valuations, Residential Valuations, Retail Valuations and Specialised Valuations categories.
- It also received a Golden Arrow award in the Hospitality category.
Says Johan Hattingh, Chief Executive Officer at PMR.africa: “The purpose of the awards is to celebrate excellence. Through these awards we want to acknowledge and set a benchmark for others to aspire to, and also create an opportunity for companies and institutions whereby a team or division can be recognised for all their hard work. After all, there is a successful team behind each successful and highly rated company and institution.”
PMR.africa is a division of CJ Hattingh & Sons, a consultancy and research company also responsible for the business publication of the same name. Through the awards, PMR.africa aims to acknowledge vision, integrity, values, competence and the “empathy” companies contribute towards ethical and sustainable business practices. The purpose of the awards is therefore to enhance competitiveness – locally and internationally.
The 20 attributes against which property valuers are rated are the following:
- Accessibility to appropriate valuation personnel
- Adequacy/depth of valuation reports
- Admin/IT interface
- Black economic empowerment (BEE)
- Clarity of valuation reports
- Depth of expertise
- Ethical standards
- Fulfilment of service level agreements
- Knowledge of staff
- Quality of valuation service
- Reputation of company (i.e. company’s brand, integrity, CSI)
- Timeousness of valuation
- Track record
- Valuation arbitration services
- Value-added initiatives
- Value for money.
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our free newsletter, the "Rode Review"