021 946 2480 info@rode.co.za

Research Articles


Why do you need an engineer

September 2016

If you submit plans to a municipality for approval to build a new house, undertake a major renovation or construct a new office building or shopping centre, then more than likely you are required to have a Professional Engineer involved in your project. The obligation to use an engineer emanates from the National Building Regulations and Building Standards Act 103 of 1977 and the National Standard SANS 10400: Code of Practice for the application of the National Building Regulations.

Read more: Why_do_you_need_an_engineer_Sep16